Sunday, July 25, 2010

Why Flagstaff?

I have lived in cities of more than 500,000 people for the last 15 years or so of my life, with the past 5 years spent in Dallas, Texas living in the “toniest” zip code working for SMU ( Southern Methodist University), which is sometimes is given the unfortunate and not completely true nickname of Southern Millionaire’s University. So, the decision to pick myself and hubby up and move to a western, fairly isolated mountain town of about 60,000 people at almost 7000 feet is a going to be a bit of a lifestyle change, to say the least.

Why Flagstaff, Arizona? Because I wanted to attend a Master’s program in Sustainable Communities at Northern Arizona University. I thought I would tap into the popularity of the blogs to play around with one and chronicle my adventures for myself, family, and friends. This may be the most different place I have ever lived and I am going through a major life transition as I return to school for the THIRD time, so hopefully it can be fun for my readers and force me to stop and smell the roses every so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment